Rehabilitation of the La Mure railway

In detail

Location

La Mure

The train that links Saint Georges de Comiers and La Mure was built between 1880 and 1884, and its initial electrification dates from 1903, and was updated in 1911. The La Mure train is a metric track line initially intended to transport coal from the mines to the valley. Today, it is a tourist train, which takes visitors from an altitude of 315 metres to 880 metres. The project, entrusted to Colas Rail, involved the complete renewal of the overhead line (the contact wire, radius rods and poles).